Sunday, March 6, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

when it rains
it pours
starts as a drizzle
then comes down harder
everything looks gray and its
pushing
you
down
you're soaking wet
and up to your knees
you're looking for shelter
there's no where to go
just as you think its gunna lighten up
a bigger cloud comes
you find yourself
swimming
stuggling
drowning
you call for help
there's no one there
but you won'tgive up
you will make it through
once your out
there's only sun
when it rains it pours
you have to wait it out
for the rainbow

2 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. Poetry is so cool to me but I've never felt that I excelled in it. The way you had a different line for "pushing, you, down" just emphasized it all that much for me. cool effect! I also liked how all the rain and struggle "you have to wait it our for the rainbow"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the format you did this in was perfect for the content! Really good job!

    ReplyDelete