Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Broken Dreams

I walk alone. I walk alone
cold, dark, barefoot in the snow
my clothes are withered and thin
in a busy city, there are people all around
i am invisible
i walk alone i walk alone

i have no where to go
no one to see
nothing to do
its all gone...
gone.
yet, i continue to walk because
there is nothing left out there for me
i walk alone i walk alone
i trip
i stumble
no one cares
no one knows
i walk alone i walk alone

do i know where im going?
no
do i know where a am?
no
but am i lost?
no
does any one care?.....

so much good and happiness
things i once knew
and will not know again
destined to walk for eternity
i walk alone i walk alone

i am empty
i am numb
i am nothing
no one
...invisible
i walk alone i walk alone

no destination in sight
no hopes for the future
i continue to walk
and walk
all the hustle around me
i will never know
down these never ending streets i walk
alone

3 comments:

  1. Good. Most people wrote with poetic language (it's difficult not to with a prompt like this), but you're one of the few who actually constructed a poem. That's good. I thought this worked and was very effective as a poem. I love your opening:

    I walk alone
    cold, dark, barefoot in the snow
    my clothes are withered and thin
    in a busy city, there are people all around
    i am invisible

    The pain and discomfort are clear early on. And I love that even in a busy city we can walk alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this one. It was different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "all the hustle around me
    I will never know
    down these never ending streets
    i walk alone"
    "destined to walk for eternity
    i walk alone i walk alone"

    These were two of my favorite lines. I wish I could write like you! This was a really good post! Your writing is really expressive and visual it makes it individual.

    ReplyDelete